IntroductionThe School of Office Administration provides training to students to become proficient in running the institution smoothly, systematically and in a well organised manner. It includes routine daily activities that are related to financial planning, Record keeping, billing, personnel, physical distribution and logistics, within an organization that are required to be performed by the Office Administrator as he plays a significant part in any organizational set-up regardless of the scale. Many administrative positions require the candidate to have an advanced skill set in the software applications Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, office administrator is responsible to ensure that the administrative activities run efficiently, by providing structure to other employees throughout the institution. These activities can range from being responsible for the management of human resources budgets, records, to undertaking the role of supervising other employees. These responsibilities can vary depending on the employer and level of education.
Skills Set Required
The importance of an office administrator to an organization is substantial due to the duties that they are entrusted with, therefore specialized training is required in order for the employee to work efficiently and productively, these are;
- Payroll training that involves the responsibility of calculating the pay and ensuring that all employees receive their pay slips on time.
- Good communication skills in order to coordinate with other employees and visitors to the organization.
- Supervision of support staff to check their efficiency, performance and smooth functioning of the office.
- The ability of acclimatizing to varying situations and new technologies that could be implemented e.g. new software installation.
- To possess skill to take initiative.
- To be able to work under stress and strain and be capable to find logical and simple solutions to complex problems.