Currently the school offers a three-year undergraduate B. Voc. program in electrical Skills and two year post graduate program in M. Voc. Smart Power System. Smart Power System incorporates controllers and information and communication technologies in to electrical power system to create a smart grid in terms of infrastructure. The smart power system utilizes real time data monitoring and control techniques to create more efficient, reliable and responsive networks. The M. Voc. (Smart Power System) program under the school of Electrical Skills was started in academic session 2018-19. The main focus of the program is to deliver real-time monitoring, control, and advanced protection techniques to enhance reliability and security of the power networks. The program is dedicated towards network management, smart metering, efficient transmission and distribution of power, improve security and protection. The graduate and post-graduate students trained with Swiss Dual System are ready to deliver their best and shall meet the industrial requirements.
After completion of the program, the students will:
M. Voc. Program (Smart Power System)
- Be trained to National Skill Quality Framework (NSQF) level 9 in the field of Smart Power System, to assess the commercial viability of updating the existing conventional Power Plants, business opportunities in Power Plants.
- Have the knowledge, skills and elements of analysis and judgement necessary to consider a pre-feasibility study for new Smart power plants.
- Identify the main lines of research in the field of Smart Girds.
- Trained & equipped with knowledge and understanding to start their career in Skill Universities and Colleges as a Teaching faculty as well as Researchers.
PG Diploma (Smart Power System)
- Have the knowledge skills and elements of analysis and judgement necessary to select most appropriate systems for Smart Power System.
- Have the ability to analyze the behavior of a system in operation and make a diagnosis on the operating system.
- Students have better opportunities to get the job in power plants and their R&D sector.
B. Voc. (Electrical Skills
- Be trained to NSQF level 7 in at least one job role/ profile in field of Electrical skills.
- Be able to design systems for house wiring and industrial wiring.
- Be trained for multiple skill sets under the domain of electrical like construction electrical jobs, maintenance and repair of house hold electrical equipments and industrial equipment and industrial electrical machines.
- Be able to supervise all the maintenance and operational works related to Electrical equipment in any company/ organization.
- Be trained and equipped with knowledge and understanding to start their own enterprise in electrical domain.
- Be able to appear for all competitive exams in any government sector like, UPSC, Defense, Railways and other PSU’s.
- Opportunities for higher education such as M. Voc. and Ph. D.
- Secure job in any electrical company as an electrical technician or a supervisor.
- Supervise electrical works such as house wiring, industrial wiring as well as repairing and maintenance of electrical equipments.
- Plan and setup their enterprise/ agency for electrical jobs such as house wiring contracts and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Be able to plan cost efficient estimation for house wiring and repairing of house hold electrical Items.
- Start their own enterprise for the jobs of an Electrician.
- Provide the opportunities to the students to enhance their qualifications with their practical knowledge in order to make themselves ready for the job in this field.
- Start a career as an electrician in small/medium scale industries.
Infrastructure and Equipment
The workshops & Labs of the School of Electrical Skills are well-equipped with the latest state-of-the art machines, Instruments and training kits. These include Smart Power System Lab, Siemens PLCs & SCADA system, Electrical Machine Trainer Kit, Transformer Trainer Kit, Solar Technology Trainer Kit, UPS Trainer Kit, Antitheft Trainer Kit, House Wiring Trainer Kit, Single and Three Phase Induction Machine, Synchronous machine, DC Machine and Motor winding shop etc. Additional hardware includes power supplies with variable and fixed ac/dc, resistive, inductive and capacitive loads, rheostats, changeover switches, measurement meters such as Digital storage oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, wattmeter's, tachometer, Megger and Earth Tester etc.
School of Electrical Skills Labs
- House Wiring Lab
- Smart Power System Lab consists of following Trainer Kits
- Power Generation Trainer
- Synchronization Trainer
- Double Bus Bar Trainer
- Power and Transmission Trainer
- Power Distribution Trainer
- PLC & SCADA System Trainer
- Electrical Lab consists of following Trainer Kits
- Electro Technology Trainer
- Electrical Machine Trainer
- House Wiring Trainer
- Fire Alarm Trainer
- Antitheft Trainer
- Transformer Trainer
- UPS Trainer
- Lift Elevator Trainer
- Industrial PLC/SCADA Trainer
- Solar Technology Trainer
Faculty Members and Trainers
Dr. Saurabh RatraAssistant Professor
M. Tech. (Power System), Ph. D.
Pawan Kumar ChoudharyJunior Trainer
Yatendra Singh HadaJunior Trainer
Mr. Anil KumarJunior Trainer
Mr. KuldeepJunior Trainer
Gajendra Singh RathorePS to Electrical Skills
Prof. (Dr.) S.K. JhajhariaPrincipal Electrical Skills
B.E. (Hons.) & M. E. (Power System), BITS Pilani, Ph. D