Carpentry is practiced as a skill all over the world. There is a dire need to give a professional touch so that one can have qualified professionals in this area. The prevalent skills in carpentry are converted into qualification packs, Hands-on experience in labs and industries so that one can become a qualified carpenter, cabinet maker, entrepreneur at the end of the program. The salient features of the program are: Hand skills, fittings, designing, personality development entrepreneurship and industrial entrepreneurship. Advanced standard machinery, CAD – 3D drawing, CNC basics are taught.
The school stimulates skill development in the Cabinet Making and related woodcraft with focus on imparting quality training.
After completion of the program, the student will:
- Trained to NSQF level 7 in at least one job role/profile in field of Carpentry & woodwork industry.
- Trained for multiple skill sets under the domain of woodwork like Solid wood, Assembly, panels, Modular Furniture design.
- Able to supervise the various machining operations in any woodwork industry.
- Trained & equipped with knowledge and understanding to start his/her own enterprise in Carpentry.
- Able to appear for all competitive exams in any government sector like, UPSC, Defence, Railways and other PSU’s.
- Secure job in any woodwork industry as a carpentry designer/Standard machine supervisor
- Supervise the quality inspection and assembly of product components in a woodwork industry
- Perform the job of Fitting supervisor in woodwork industry
- Plan and set his/her woodwork workshop with Advanced machines.
- Perform in the carpentry as an operator on Handy machines, Standard machines & in Fitting Section.
- Work-out the transfer of measurements for all types of carpentry products.
- Start his/her own carpentry workshop with basic tools & machines.
- Secure entry level jobs related to woodwork industry & Carpentry Design industry.
- Start a small/medium scale woodwork industry set-up with different level of machines.
Infrastructure and Equipment
- A new constructed Training Centre of 8100 Sq. feet area.
- A new constructed Exhibition Centre of 413 Sq. feet area.
CNC Machines:- CNC router, CNC Drilling, Edge Bender, Beam Saw
Standard Machines:-Spindle moulder, Panel saw, Hot press, Horizontal mortise, Band saws, Surface planner, thicknesses planner, multi boring machine (32mm), Wide belt sander, Edge Sander.
Hand machines:-Router, Jigsaw, Circular saw, sliding compound mitre saw, oscillating saw, Domino jointing machine, cordless drills, hammer drill, one handed planner, mobile dust extractors, eccentric hand sanders, orbital hand sander, Lamello Joiner, Stappler and Nailer Machine,
Dust collecting system,
Fork lifter and further infrastructural equipment Hand tools.
Training Center (Labs)
- Training center for Hand Skills
- Training center for Standard Machines
- Training center for Assembly
- Training center for CNC Machines
- Training center for Carpentry Design
Faculty Members and Trainers
Commander (IN Retd) Anil Rana, PhDProfessor and Principal, School of Carpenter Skills
PhD (Reliability Engineering, IIT Delhi)
Matthias FaehProject Manager
Diploma in Job Attendant with Advanced Federal Diploma of Higher Education HEP Arbeitsagogik Burgistein, Switzerland
Mr. Narendra Singh RathoreAssistant professor (Principal in charge Carpenter Skills)
B.E., M.Tech., PhD (pursuing)
Mr.Aurelio MalacarneMaster Trainer Carpenter
Mr. Abhimanyu KunarTrainer
Mr. Mohammad Sohail KhanTrainer
Mr. Pankaj SinghTrainer
Mr. Raja KhuswahaTrainer
Harendar Singh RajawatTrainer