STANDING OPERATING PROCEDURE:
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FEE CONCESSIONS
- General. Bhartiya Skill Development University (BSDU) is a premier skill development University of national repute. The University is conducting various skill development programmes in different streams for 10+2 or equivalent passed students. The university is charging fees for the courses offered as per course duration and specification. In order to help the students hailing from different categories, the University offers various scholarships and fee concessions to such students to acquire higher education. The University also offers scholarships and fee waiver to meritorious students and wards of employees irrespective of class and communities. This SOP lays down guidelines and procedures for grant of fee concession, scholarship and awards to various students undergoing skills programme at the University. This concession will be applicable only when the student is undergoing training in BSDU and will not be applicable while the student is undergoing internship with the industry.
- Rules for Grant of Scholarship. The following guidelines will be observed while granting scholarship to the students of BSDU:-
- Rules for Grant of Fee Concessions
- A student can avail only one scholarship/fee concession at a time.
- Other Awards. Cash awards may also be granted to those students of BSDU who represent the University in national / international level of innovation, skills related competitions, seminars and sports based on their achievements in these fields.
- Fee Refund Policy
To encourage the students to start their own micro enterprise, BSDU has introduced the fee refund policy. If a student is starting the enterprise after six months but within one year, only 50% of the fee will be refunded subject to the following conditions.
A) A student should complete the 3 year B.Voc in Entrepreneurship Skills.
B) A student should score atleast 50% marks in all the subjects.
C) A student should prepare a rough draft Project Report during the course itself.
D) A student should start the enterprise/micro business within six months after completion of B.Voc.
E) BSDU will extend mentoring and hand holding support only.
F) BSDU will be the 3% Stake Holder in new business/enterprise.
- Conclusion. The provisions of this SOP may be reviewed by the University from time to time based on prevailing circumstances.This SOP has been laid down to help the students of BSDU to enhance their skills and have better career prospectus.
(a) Meritorious Students of State/CBSE
(i) For Boys. Any student having more than 80% marks in 10+2 (or equivalent) examination will be allowed scholarship equivalent to 100% tuition fee. Those having marks between 70 to 80% in 10+2 (or equivalent) examination will be allowed 50% of tuition fee as scholarship.
(ii) For Girls. Girl students who have obtained 75% and above marks in 10+2 (or equivalent )examination will be allowed scholarship equivalent to full fee and 50% of the tuition fee if marks obtained are 65 to 75%.
(iii )Above scholarships will be allowed at the time of admission and continue for the first year only. For retention of the scholarships in the subsequent years, a boy student has to maintain a minimum 8.0 CGPA and girl should maintain minimum of 7.5 CGPA for every year. The whole process will be applicable year-wise only. If any student getting scholarship falls below the required CGPA, he/she will not be entitled to this scholarship thereafter.
(b) Meritorious Students through University Entrance Examination for Admission
(i) For Boys. This scholarship will be granted to students based on their merit in the entrance exam for admission to various degree courses of the University. Scholarship equivalent to 50% of the tuition fee will be allowed to boys with 90%& higher marks at the entrance examination. For those between 80 to 90% marks, 30% of tuition fee will be allowed.
(ii) For Girls. 50% of tuition fee will be allowed as a scholarship for those girl students who will secure 85% & above marks in the entrance examination and 30% for those obtaining marks between 75 to 85%.
(iii) Above scholarships will be allowed at the time of admission and continue for the first year only. For retention of the scholarships in the subsequent years, a boy student has to maintain minimum 8.0 CGPA and girl should maintain minimum of 7.5 CGPA for every year. The whole process will be applicable year-wise only. If any student getting scholarship falls below the required CGPA, he/she will not be entitled to this scholarship thereafter.
(a) Wards of Freedom Fighters and Defence Personnel (Serving and Retired). 20% concession in tution fees will be allowed to Son/Daughter of Armed Forces/ Para Military Forces/ Police Force Personnel. This fee concession will continue throughout the course.
(b) Children from Minority Communities. 20% tuition fee waiver will be allowed to children from Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Jain, Parsi and Buddhist communities who secure 50% marks in qualifying examination. This fee concession will continue throughout the course.
(c) Differently Abled Children. 20% concession in tuition fee will be allowed to differently abled children with 30% or higher impairment. This fee concession continues throughout the course.
(d) Brother/Sister of an Existing Student of BSDU. 25% tuition fee concession will be allowed to a student whose brother/sister/husband/wife is already a student of BSDU. The concession will continue till both the students are studying in the University. This concession will cease once one of the students leaves the university.
(e) BSDU Students Joining next Higher Degree in the University. A student of BSDU on completion of B.Voc degree, getting admitted to M.Voc degree programme or on completion of M.Voc degree, getting admission to Ph.D programme will be allowed 25% tuition fee concession.This concession is applicable throughout the course.
(f) University Employees and their Wards. 50% concession in tuition fees will be allowed to self/spouse/son/daughter of University Employees. Extended blood relations of University employees, defined as brother/ sister of University employee, son or daughter of brother/sister of University Employee will be allowed 25% tuition fee concession. This fee concession will continue throughout the course till the employee continues to work in the University.
This SOP comes into effect with effect from June 2019 session.