M.Voc. in Smart Power System Skills
The Smart Power System Management Program is the integration of Electric Grid, and Manage the generation, Distribution and Consumption of Energy. The Smart Power System of the future will be distributed, it will be interactive, it will be self-healing and it will communicate with every device. This program has been structured to make the Power System to more resilient and even more robust and students will get exposure during their hands on training in labs as well as in industrial training. Semesters M. Voc. Programs will be of total 100 credits with 25 credits each semester.
Objectives of M. Voc. Program in Smart Power System
After completing M. Voc. the students will be:
- Trained to NSQF level 9 in the field of Smart Power System, to assess the commercial viability of updating the existing conventional Power Plants, business opportunities inPower Plants.
- Have the knowledge, skills and elements of analysis and judgement necessary to consider a pre-feasibility study for new Smart power plants.
- Know the main lines of research in the field of Smart Girds.
- Trained & equipped with knowledge and understanding to start their career in Skill Universities and Colleges as a Teaching faculty as well as Researchers.
One Year PG Diploma
- Have the knowledge skills and elements of analysis and judgement necessary to select most appropriate systems for Smart Power Plants.
- Have the ability to analyze the behavior of a system in operation and make a diagnosis on the operating system.
- Students have better opportunities to get the job in power plantsand their R&D sector.
- B.Voc. in respective Vocation
- B-Tech in related discipline
- Any other Graduate with NSQF Level 7 Certificate in respective vocation.
Lateral Entry (II Year)
- M-Tech in related discipline
- B-Tech/B.Voc with NSQF level 8 certification in related discipline
- RPL at NSQF Level 8 through an entrance exam (maximum 21 years of age)
- Electrical skills represent over 25% of all available jobs. In India, 30 % of all government jobs are from Electrical skills.
- The country would need skilled people in large numbers to meet the requirement related to installation and maintenance of the Renewable Energy Technology.
- A person with electrical skills have opportunities to get employed in manufacturing and service sectors.
- Other than conventional Electrical jobs like power generation, distribution, transmission, manufacturing and utility sectors, skilled electrical persons are well positioned to succeed in competitive examinations.
- There is a huge demand of manpower having electrical skills both in private and public sector like railways, civil aviation, electricity boards and utility companies, electrical construction firms and all types of manufacturing industries.
- Companies like Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Coal India Limited (CIL), Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), Electricity Boards, Siemens Ltd, L &T, ABB, Bajaj Electrical Private Ltd, Crompton Greaves Limited, Reliance Power Ltd, Hindalco Industries Ltd, NALCO, and Philips, Wipro Lighting, are the biggest employers hiring electrical skilled persons.
- Admission is through an Entrance Exam OR on the merit of the last qualifying examination.