Objectives:After completion of the program the student will:
- Be trained to NSQF level 7 in the field of RET, to assess the commercial viability of this technologies, business opportunities and existing companies.
- Have the knowledge, skills and elements of analysis and judgement necessary to consider a prefeasibility study, related to the use of renewable energy systems in different industrial sectors and services.
- Be trained for multiple skill sets under the domain of renewable energy technology skills.
- Supplement efforts in bridging the gap between demand and supply of power, with renewable energy sources and strengthening the grid system and evacuation arrangements for RE projects.
- Be able to participate in an organisation involvement and continuous improvement.
- Be able to become successful entrepreneurs thereby becoming providers rather than job seekers.
- Identify the key players in renewable energy sector and able to explore the opportunities to promote renewable energy.
- Trained & equipped with knowledge and understanding to start own business in renewable energy.
- Identify the main lines of research in the field of technologies for harnessing renewable energy.
- Be able to appear for all competitive exams in any government sector like, UPSC, Defense, Railways and other PSU’s.
Advanced Diploma :
- Have the knowledge skills and elements of analysis and judgement necessary to select most appropriate systems for different types of applications (industrial or service).
- Have the ability to analyze the behavior of a system in operation and make a diagnosis on the operating system.
- Know the key players in renewable energy sector and able to identify the opportunities to promote renewable energy.
- Have a holistic approach when working with renewable energy technology projects to present and communicate effectively.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for the description, selection and sizing, as well as calculating the performance of equipment.
- Understand the role of Renewable Energy in product and service sector, as well as its importance in the energy change
- Be trained to plan, organize, and execute a RET project with a goal of harnessing and clean Renewable Energy sources in the state for environment benefits.
- Be capable to provide necessary support and facilitation in order to implement RE projects.
- Be capable to provide the opportunities to the students to enhance their qualifications with their practical knowledge in order to make themselves ready for the job in this field.
- Be capable to understand the positive aspects of Renewable Energy Technology in relation to the natural and human aspects of the environment.
- Handle the installation and commissioning of Solar projects in rural and urban areas.
- Be capable to create direct and indirect employment opportunity in rural and backward areas.
Infrastructure and Equipment
The Basic Electrical Circuit Lab and Solar PV Lab of the School of Renewable Energy Technology are being well-equipped with the latest state-of-the art Instruments and training kits.
LCR Training kit, Power measuring unit, Transistor unit, Protection kit, Semi-Conductor unit, Maximum Power Transfer Theorem, Super Position Theorem, Oscilloscope, Resistive Kit, Temperature unit, Rectifier unit, Transformer unit, I V Curve Tester,Angle Measuring unit, Standalone Solar System, Double Axis tracker unit, Solar PV training system, Solar PV Grid Tied System, Inverter Unit, MPPT charge controller unit, Radiation Measuring unit (Pyranometer), Software such as Auto CAD 2D (Layout), Google Sketch up (Shadow Analysis + 3D imaging & Layout) and PV SYST (Simulation of Generation & Solar Electrical Planning),Solar Power Trainer Kit and 150 MW Solar Power Plant in the campus is already installed for the study and experiments.
Faculty Members and Trainers
Prof. (Dr.) S.K. JhajhariaPrincipal Electrical Skills
B.E. (Hons.) & M. E. (Power System), BITS Pilani, Ph. D
Mr. Pancham KumarAssistant Professor
M. Tech (Power Electronics & Systems)
Mr. Akshay SahniJunior Trainer
Mr. Shubham Singh RathoreJunior Trainer
Mr. Sujil AAssistant Professor
M. Tech. (Power System) & Ph. D. (Thesis Submitted), MNIT, Jaipur