School of Logistics Skills is a new school being established by BSDU with effect from the academic session 2018-19. The Logistics Skill Sector has a very large scope for skill education in a variety of related skill areas. However, BSDU will initially start only one modular B.Voc program. The program will start with six months Skill Certificate, which will upgrade to Skill Diploma in one year, Advanced Diploma in two years and B.Voc in three years. Like all other programs of BSDU, B.Voc Logistics Skills will also have multiple entry and exit option.
After completion of the program, students will be:
- Trained to NSQF level 7 in at least one job role/profile in field of Logistics.
- Trained for multiple skill sets under the domain of Logistics like Land transport, Shipping, Air Cargo, EXIM & Warehousing.
- Able to supervise the inbound/outbound logistics operations in any company.
- Trained & equipped with knowledge and understanding to start their own enterprises in Logistics.
- Able to appear for all competitive/UPSC exams in any government sector like IAS, Defense, Railways and other PSU’s.
- Secure job in any a Logistics company as a Freight Forwarding/ Custom Clearance Executive
- Supervise the quality inspection and packaging of goods in a warehouse
- Perform the job of an insurance executive for freight by road/rail/sea/air.
- Plan and set their enterprises/agencies for freight forwarding and custom clearance of goods.
- Perform in the capacity of Documentation Executive/Data Entry Executive/Consignment Booking & Tracking Executive/Consignment Clearance Executive for inbound goods in logistic companies.
- Work-out the cost estimation and optimization for all modes of surface transportation of goods.
- Start their own enterprises for transportation of Perishable Goods/ Consignment Clearance Agencies.
- Secure entry level jobs related to documentation for domestic/ land transportation/warehousing in logistic companies
- Start small/medium scale logistics set-ups as franchisees/booking agencies of consignment booking/e-commerce redistribution/courier agency/land transportation.
Infrastructure and Equipment
The school is being established with state of the art infrastructure to provide high quality training.
Process Flow of Logistics / SupplyChain
Demand-Supply Gap of Skilled Manpower in Logistics Sector
Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Delhi NCR
Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Bihar, Orissa, West Bengal, North-Eastern States, Punjab, Haryana
Himachal Pradesh, Goa, Rajasthan