The School of Computing Skills provides training in the field of information storing, processing and communication, using computers. Computers are involved in daily life, from smartphones to laptops, the Internet, medical instruments, lighting technology and to the use and control of robots or machines that can substitute humans, especially in tasks which are considered dangerous to humans.
Networking is the construction, design and use of a network, including the hardware (cabling, hub, bridge, switch, router, and so forth), the selection and use of telecommunication protocols and software, for use and management of the network and the establishment of operation policies.Skills in these areas are very important today, looking at the upward trend in digitization, Information Technology, Smart Cities and industrial automation.
A Network architect has the skill to work with a company's computer network, using information technology, to make network systems for all employees to use. These networks can include local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), intranets and extranets. Network complexity can vary depending on the organization and the company may have one dedicated engineer, or many globally connected engineers working together with the Chief Technology Officer.
At present the School offers a 3-year undergraduate program in Vocational Studies, related to Computer Networking, called B. Voc. IT/(Networking). Exit options are also available to students after one or two years, to do a 1-year Diploma or a 2-year Advanced Diploma, respectively, in IT/(Networking).
- To install, configure and test CPE (modem, routers and switches) for broadband access
- To establish connectivity between CPE and end-user device (CPU, Laptop, tablets, Smart/IP TV etc.) at customer premises
- To carry out basic trouble-shooting for identifying, localizing & rectifying cable, connectivity and equipment faults
- To install, configure and test Wi-Fi Backhaul Equipment and Wi-Fi Access Points for broadband access
- To establish connectivity in the backhaul between Wi-Fi nodes and Access Points at multiple sites
- To implement, maintain and integrate WAN, LAN and server architecture
- To implement and administer network security hardware and software
- To enforce the network security policy and comply with requirements of external security audits and recommendations
Infrastructure and EquipmentCurrently, the School has the following Labs. and associated equipment -
- Basic Computing Lab.: 30 desktop systems, with i3 quad core processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD and 19” monitor. There are other peripheral devices like SMPS, and motherboards for students to get hands-on exposure to assembling computers.This lab is used by students of all Schools
- CISCO Networking lab.: Rack mounted routers, L2 and L3 switches, modems, firewalls, wireless devices, Access Points, optical fibre cables, network simulator, etc., for students to have hands-on experience in networking hardware and software.
- 3D Printing Lab: The lab has 9 3D printers, including 4 of SLA and 5 of FDM types. Many materials can be used with these, like ABS, PLA, Nylon, Wood, PETG, etc. Training on these Printers is currently on.
- IoT and Embedded Systems lab: A number of projects have been done on Embedded Systems, some of which are as follows:
> Water level Indicator
> Cell phone controlled Home Appliance
> Voice controlled robotic vehicle
> Arduino based digital clock +RH indicator
> Edge Follower robot
Memorandum of UnderstandingTwo MoUs have been signed by the School in the past few months. Details are as follows:
A) With Aha3D Innovations, Jaipur: the MoU was signed in February 2018, for technical collaboration to
- Set up a lab to train students in the process of 3dPrinting
- Manufacture 3D printers at BSDU, with the help of precision machines available in the School of Manufacturing Skills, and
- Achieve efficiency in the products and create more innovative products
B) With Forsk Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Jaipur: the MoU was signed in March 2018, wherein Forsk will support, as knowledge partner, the deployment of the following programs, scheduled to start at BSDU in the next Academic year:
- One B.Voc Program on Machine Learning and AI, and
- One M.Voc program on IoT and Embedded systems
Dr. Kumkum GargDean
BSc., BE., ME., DIC, PhD.
Dr. Sandeep GuptaAssistant Professor - I
Ph.D., M.Tech, MBA, B.Tech
Col. Raj KumarProfessor
M. Tech from IIT Bombay and B. Tech from college of Military Engineering, Pune
Dr. Milan SasmalAssistant Professor-I
Ph.D (IIT Kharagpur)
Dr. Soma KumawatAssistant Professor-I
Ph.D. and M.Tech from MNIT Jaipur, B.E. from MAIET,RU
Dr. Sumitra SingarAssistant Professor-I
B-Tech, M-Tech from RTU-Kota, PhD from Mody University of Science and Technology, Lakshmangrah
Ms. Anuja ArmanAssistant Professor and Assistant Registrar (Academics)
Mr. Prashant PariharAssistant Professor
Mr. TR SharmaChief Trainer
Mr.Jitendra MathurSenior Trainer& Network Administrator
MSc. (Elec), DCH, CNA, MCP, CCNA
Pooja SharmaPS to Dean
M.A, M.Ed., & MBA in HR,Ph.D(Pursuing)
Rikky KumariJunior Lab Engineer-III
Deepak KhatriJunior Trainer
Manoj Kumar GurjarJunior Trainer