Indian textile and garment industry is the second largest manufacturer in the world. In India, it contributes 6% to the overall economy and employs 35 million persons directly and 55 million indirectly. Though there are a large number of training providers at the lower level, however, there are very few at the higher level. The emerging demand of skilled persons at the middle and higher levels necessitates establishment of high end skill training and educational institutes to meet the emerging requirement of the skilled manpower in garment and fabric sector. The School of Garment Making & Fabric Printing Skills is a new school being established by BSDU with effect from the academic session 2018-19. It will offer Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and B.Voc programs. BSDU will initially start only one modular B.Voc program. The program will start with six months Certificate, which will be raised to Diploma in one year, Advanced Diploma in two years and B.Voc in three years. Like all other programs of BSDU, B.Voc Garment Making & Fabric Printing Skills will also have multiple entry and exit options.
After completion of the program the students will be:
- Trained to NSQF level 7 in at least one job role/profile in the field of Garment Making and Fabric Printing.
- Trained for multiple skill sets under the domain of Garment Making and Fabric Printing like Tailoring, Pattern making, Dyeing and Printing, Supervising, Sourcing etc.
- Able to be supervisors in any Garment Factory/Company.
- Trained & equipped with knowledge and understanding to start their own enterprises in Garment Making and Fabric Printing.
- Will be eligible to appear for all competitive exams in any government sectors like IAS, Defense Services, Railways and other PSUs.
- Trained to secure jobs in any Garment Making or Fabric Printing company as Executives.
- Able to supervise quality, inspection, maintenance and packaging of Garments.
- Able to plan and set uptheir own enterprises/boutiques.
- Trained to start their own businesses in Garment Making and Fabric Printing.
- Practice various techniques of Pattern Making/ Garment making and Fabric Printing.
- Able to perform simple statistical analysis involved in garment making/quality control/supervision.
- Able to secure entry level jobs related to Garment Making.
- Have skills to operate and maintain sewing machines for garment making.
- Able to start small/medium scale Garment Making businesses.
Infrastructure and Equipment
The school is being established with state-of-the-art infrastructure for world class quality training. The necessary equipments for designing, cutting, sewing, printing machinery are being procured.